BC PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM (BC-PNP)
SKILLS IMMIGRATION – GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Most of the BC PNP’s Skills Immigration categories require a job offer and are designed to help B.C. businesses attract and retain international workers and students to meet B.C.’s labour market needs.
- Your employment must provide economic benefit to B.C
- The employer must be established and have a physical presence in B.C.
- The employer must have one of the following business structures:
- incorporated in B.C. or extra-provincially registered or,
- registered as a general, limited or limited liability partnership or,
- an eligible public sector or non-profit employer in B.C.
- The position must be full time and indeterminate
- The employer must have operated in B.C. for at least one year (two years if you are registering under the Entry Level and Semi-Skilled (ELSS) category).
- If the employer is located within the Metro Vancouver Regional District, your employer must have at least five full-time employees. If your employer is located outside of the Metro Vancouver Regional District, your employer must have at least three indeterminate, full-time employees.
- The employer must demonstrate that there is a genuine need for the position