This program is for skilled workers with foreign work experience who want to immigrate to Canada permanently.

Minimum requirements

This program has minimum requirements for:

  • skilled work experience/language ability/education

Selection factors

If you meet all the minimum requirements, Immigration will then assess your application based on:

  • age
  • education
  • work experience
  • whether you have a valid job offer
  • English and/or French language skills
  • adaptability (how well you’re likely to settle here)

The current pass mark is 67 points.

Selection factor points

Once you’re in the Express Entry pool, they use a different system to rank your profile. They select the highest-ranking candidates from the pool and invite them to apply for permanent residence.

Skilled work experience

Skilled work experience means that you’ve worked full time or an equivalent amount of part time in one of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups:

  • Managerial jobs (skill type 0)
  • Professional jobs (skill level A)
  • Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B)

Student work experience

Work experience gained while you were studying may count towards your minimum requirements if the work was paid by wages or commissions, was continuous, and meets all the other requirements of the Program

Language ability

You must take approved language tests in English or French, and get a minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in all 4 abilities


If you went to school in Canada and finished your program, you must have a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian secondary or post secondary institution.

Or, if you have completed foreign education, you must have a completion credential, and, an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes from a designated organization showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian secondary or post-secondary institution.

Settlement funds

You must show that you have enough money for you and your family to settle in Canada, unless you are currently able to  or, have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada

Where you can live in Canada

You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec

Stevens and Associates have helped thousands of skilled workers successfully immigrate to Canada from around the world. If you are interested in coming to Canada as a skilled worker, please complete our basic information form and send it to us for a free assessment.